Mini dental implants are a permanent solution to missing teeth if you don’t want to or can’t cope with the surgery necessary for regular dental implants. They’re a smaller version of traditional implants that can return your pearly white smile to your face in no time.
Our experienced dental surgeons at Estudillo Oral Surgery in San Leandro, California, have provided dental implant treatment for years. As a result, you don’t have to suffer from tooth loss forever; our team can provide a set of high-quality permanent mini implants.
What Are Mini Dental Implants?
At first glance, mini dental implants have the same structure as traditional implants. However, the mini versions are a tad smaller.
Traditional dental implants are made from two adjoining pieces, with a total diameter of 3.25 to 5 millimeters. On the other hand, mini dental implants have one screw and are smaller than 3 millimeters in diameter.
Anyone with missing teeth can get a mini dental implant. However, we usually recommend the procedure to those who:
- Have smaller teeth
- Have a missing tooth in a narrow space
- Need new teeth at the front
- Don’t have enough bone mass in their jaw for a traditional dental implant (we may recommend a sinus lift procedure here)
- Can’t cope with invasive surgery
- Doesn’t have sufficient time to attend our appointments consistently
You won’t qualify for mini dental implants if you:
- Are diabetic
- Need a molar replacement
- Suffer from teeth grinding
- Have gingivitis or periodontitis
- Have an inadequate vertical bone
How Are Mini Dental Implants Fitted?
Our dentists at Estudillo Oral Surgery in San Leandro, California, are highly experienced in providing premium mini dental implants and aftercare to our patients. You’ll learn all about the differences between traditional and mini implants, as well as how to take good care of your replacement teeth during our initial consultation. But to relax you ahead of time, here’s the step-by-step mini implant process:
- To begin, we’ll perform an x-ray to make sure that mini dental implants are right for you. It’s panoramic, so we can adequately plan for your mini implants installation.
- After that, we’ll give you a local anesthetic to numb you before the dental work.
- Next, our expert dental surgeon will use a pilot drill to make small holes in the gum tissue around the site.
- We’ll slide your mini dental implants into the holes and tighten the screw. The new implants sit above the gums at first, but we rectify that later.
- Then, we’ll secure your new artificial teeth to the titanium post, ensuring it snaps into place.
- After a quick tighten, we’re finished installing the mini implants!
You should avoid sticky foods and stick to soft items like mashed potatoes and smoothies following the procedure. The exact healing time varies from patient to patient, but it should be over in a couple of days with proper care. The healing period is undoubtedly much more manageable than recovering from traditional dental implants.
The Benefits Of Mini Dental Implants
We’ll help you weigh up your options to decide whether mini implants are the best option for you during the consultation. But it’s worth knowing some benefits beforehand:
#1 Promote Jaw Bone Health
As soon as we install your implant, it stimulates your lower jaw. The activation promotes bone growth and reproduction. Plus, the mini implants lower the likelihood of facial collapse that can happen with dentures.
#2 Look Like Natural Teeth
The implants look and feel just like real teeth. After we place mini implants, your confidence and self-esteem can blossom.
#3 No Bone Grafting Needed
Standard implants require a bone graft if it’s not strong enough to support it. With mini implants, you don’t need this, which saves time and money.
Mini implants look natural, feel natural, and aren’t as invasive as traditional implants. They’re essentially all the best bits of regular implants without the worst parts.
Use our online booking form to get your award-winning smile back with us at Estudillo Oral Surgery in San Leandro, CA.
How Much Does The Mini Implant Procedure Cost?
Mini implants are typically more affordable than regular implants while still providing a long-term solution to tooth loss from damage, tooth decay, or accidents. It can cost anywhere from $500 to $1,500, depending on the type of anesthesia and complexity of the surgery.
Will You Need To Replace Your Mini Dental Implant After A Few Years?
No, with proper brushing and care, your mini-implants can last a lifetime!
How Should You Take Care of Your Mini Dental Implant?
It would be best if you looked after your mini dental implants in the same way as your real teeth. Of course, brushing and flossing daily is incredibly important. But we recommend investing in a soft brush for the sensitive gums around the implant site.